DevBlog #1 – “one year gametology”

DevBlog #1 – “one year gametology”

tl;dr We had a student team. We founded a little gamedev studio. We had a great idea for a game. We started working on it. We changed many things, created new features and made older ones better. 2015 is going to be a great year!   This is our first devblog. From now on we will show you what we did and how far we got with Hover Cubes X in a monthly DevBlog post. In this first post we will show you the progress we made in the last year. Enjoy it! A new year has already started. For us our first year of developing our game Hover Cubes X went by. A lot of things have happened and a lot of things have changed. Following a relatively successful student project four out of nine members of our team decided it’s time to get serious (just a joke, we are not that serious, but you know what I mean..), so we’ve founded our own indie dev team – Gametology.   The Beginning We started with some experience from our student projects and some know-how we’ve gained while working together. We also had this great idea for a game, based on the student project – Hover Cubes. HC was a first-person-puzzle-jump’n’run with nice looking levels and cool cube-based gameplay mechanics. The player had different cubes with different features, which could be placed in the levels to overcome different types of barriers and traps. We had a lot of fun jumping around in our own levels, but this wasn’t enough. We thought about a possible multiplayer mode, because some alpha-testers...